Good Day Metropolitan!
This Sunday, I want you to join me virtually for Worship and Holy Communion! I am excited to share a special word God has placed on my heart with each of you. So be sure to view our Livestream worship at metropolitanbaptist.org or on Facebook at 7:30 AM and 10 AM, or listen through Zoom at 1 PM only:
Dial 1-301-715-8592. The access code is 98471497616#. The meeting ID is 98471497616.
To join the video conference, click here at 1 PM.
Share these links so that others can join us! We are reaching people around the globe!
Although Governor Hogan relaxed the stay at home order in Maryland today, Friday May 15 at 5 PM, Prince George’s County continues to observe a stay at home order issued by County Executive Angela Alsobrooks, until June 1. The instances of COVID-19 are extremely high in Prince George’s County. Metropolitan’s IAMA Counseling Ministry, Health and Wellness Ministry, and Community Resources sections below offer various resources and information that will help you during this time. Please stay home and stay safe.
I have had a lot of time to think about this situation. I have decided that the best time to regather is when it’s safe. I’m not listening to the President or to the southern Governors. I want people to be safe! When they return to FedEx Stadium for football, it’s safe! I want my members to stay safe. Don’t grow weary in well doing; in due season you will reap if you do not faint! – Dr. Maurice Watson
Chat with us during our Livestream!
Remember to Give!
Please continue to give your tithes, offerings, and special gifts through any of our 5 giving options:
- NEW! CashApp – $Metropolitanbaptist
- Mail your gifts to Metropolitan Baptist Church at 1200 Mercantile Lane, Suite 115 B, Largo, Maryland 20774.
- Visit www.metropolitanbaptist.org and then click “Donate Now” and follow the prompts.
- Access your REALM account.
- Text to Give any amount at (301) 888-6225
Over the next few weeks, we will vigilantly work to make more online ministry opportunities available to you.
Don’t forget to Livestream with your Church Family on Sundays!
Metropolitan Baptist Church Temporary Operational Plan (updated 5/15/2020)
Please take note of these additional immediate precautionary steps:
Our Church Office and building are closed until further notice. Our staff is working remotely.
Until we are physically able to worship together, we are moving our ministry online. Our Bible Study, Sunday School, Children’s Church, Youth Church and many other ministry/community activities are now available to you via Zoom Video or Phone Conference. Please see details for each below under ministry announcements.
If you have an emergency or death in your family, please call the church’s main number (202) 238-5000, leave a message, and your call will be promptly returned. The church’s phone lines are being closely monitored during this time.
Need food from our Food Pantry? Please call the Church Office or email Rev. Brenda Girton-Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tune in to our Livestream on Sundays for a NEW message from Pastor Watson, ministry highlights, church announcements, and more!
- Join your Church Family on Prayer Calls! There are so many opportunities throughout the week.
- Sign up for Zoom and Skype! These will be the platforms Metropolitan will use for video conferencing! Go to zoom.us and skype.com to set up your accounts today so that you can dive right in next week! We will begin to introduce video conferencing for various components of our ministry. For security purposes, all Staff and Ministry Leaders are required to review these safety tips for Video Conferencing.
- Become familiar with the chat features of our Livestream platforms (metropolitanbaptist.org and Facebook) so that you can chat with your MBC Family on Sunday mornings!
- Set up your REALM account! If you do not have an account already, please email email@example.com and include your Full Name, Email Address, Physical Home Address, and Envelope/Member Number to request your account so you can stay connected with your Church Family!
- Subscribe to Our Daily Bread E-newsletter at metropolitanbaptist.org. Click news, then subscribe.
- Like and Follow us on Social Media: FB (@MetropolitanBaptistChurch); Instagram (@metropolitan_baptist); Twitter (@metropolitanbap)!
- Wash your hands frequently, for at least 20 seconds, with soap and water, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover your mouth and nose while coughing or sneezing into your elbow or use a tissue and throw it away; do not cough or sneeze into your hands.
Avoid close contact with people who are sick and practice social distancing by staying at least 6 feet away from other people and avoid groups of more than 10 people.
If you are sick, stay home from work, school, church, and social gatherings.
- Try NOT to touch your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- NO HANDSHAKING! Use a fist bump, slight bow, elbow bump, etc.
- Use ONLY your knuckle to touch light switches, elevator buttons, etc. Lift the gasoline dispenser with a paper towel or use a disposable glove.
- Keep a bottle of hand sanitizer and/or Clorox wipes available at each of your home’s entrances AND in your car or bag for use after pumping gas or touching other contaminated objects when you can’t immediately wash your hands.
- Stock up on medications, food, and other essentials you may need in the event of quarantine. If you are a Senior, please ask a younger family member or friend to pick items up for you.
- Stay Home! If you must go out, wear a cloth mask and gloves.
- We ask that you visit the website of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for additional prevention measures you can take to protect yourself and your family. The World Health Organization is another great resource.