We are currently working on securing a location for weddings. The fees are subject to change.
Your wedding will be one of the happiest, most important days of your life. The institution of marriage is more than just a social contract. It is an act of worship where your vows are made not only to each other, but also to God. We appreciate your interest in having your wedding ceremony at Metropolitan Baptist Church. Because of the religious significance of this occasion, we have developed guidelines to assist you in creating an atmosphere that reflects your wishes and also glorifies God. We share your excitement and look forward to your continued service within the ministries here at Metropolitan Baptist Church.
As a general rule Dr. Hicks, the Senior Minister, will perform all weddings or designate an alternate Minister in case of a conflict with his schedule. If you would like to request an Officiant other than Dr. Hicks, please notify the Wedding Coordinator at the time you schedule your wedding. Once the date and the Officiant are confirmed, you will receive written notice of confirmation.
Guidelines and Procedures
1. Download and print our wedding booklet (undergoing revision).
2. Submit the Wedding Request Form (either online or in person).
3. Register for Premarital Counseling, a prerequisite for couples who plan to be married at Metropolitan Baptist Church. We also strongly encourage couples to take advantage of the Premarital Workshop Series even if you plan to marry at a location other than Metropolitan. It is not necessary to have set a date for your wedding before participating in the series and we encourage you to enroll in this series before making a final commitment for a wedding date. Please contact Dr. Sherrill McMillan at 202-238-5000 for further details and to register.
4. You will receive a confirmation of your wedding date, officiant and other details upon completion of your pre-marital workshop.
5. There will be a follow-up questionnaire as your date draws closer for information such as: your program ideas, anticipated guests, postwedding mailing address, vendor information, etc.
The true beauty of a wedding ceremony lies in the spirit and attitude of those participating. We pray that your wedding will be the beginning of many blessings showered upon you as you begin your new life together.